SnFRadio Audio Streaming & 2011 highlights
The Sun ‘n Fun International Fly-in and Expo will soon start, but for SnFRadio volunteers, the work is goes on year round! And we’ve been very BUSY!
SnFRadio Goes World Wide- World Wide Web that is!
SnFRadio is pleased to announce that, thanks to a continuing partnership with LiveATC.net, SnFRadio will be audio streamed over the internet during the 2011 Sun 'n Fun International Fly-in & Expo, held March 29- April 3 at Lakeland Linder Regional Airport, Lakeland, FL. The best news is streaming will continue year round!
Listeners all over the world will be able to go to the Sun 'n Fun website (www.sun-n-fun.org) or the LiveATC.net website (www.LiveATC.net), click on a link and listen to SnFRadio Live! And, thanks to LiveATC.net's mobile version (m.liveatc.net) and their iPhone app, you won't have to be at your computer to listen, any internet capable mobile device will be able to tune in!
The partnership agreement has SnFRadio providing LiveATC.net with 4 different audio streams, SnFRadio, and 3 of the Air Traffic Control frequencies from Lakeland Linder Regional Airport. So not only can you listen to SnFRadio on the web, but you can also hear the Lakeland Air Traffic Controllers safely guide our visitors in.
If you'd like to try it out or bookmark the page, the audio stream is up & running right now. Until Sun 'n Fun's opening day, March 29, we are airing “The Holding Pattern” It’s pre-recorded information on the 2011 Sun 'n Fun International fly-in and Expo. Simply go to- www.liveatc.net/snf
Dave Pascoe, an avid IFR-rated pilot and aviation enthusiast, founded LiveATC.net in 2003. LiveATC.net started by broadcasting communications from the Boston Logan (KBOS) and JFK (KJFK) Airports, and since then has grown internationally to cover many airports in all corners of the world. LiveATC.net is the world's most extensive network of live audio feeds focused exclusively on aviation communications. It is recognized internationally as a training aid for pilots and is frequently a source of breaking news on aviation incidents. For more information visit http://www.liveatc.net (@liveatc on Twitter and Facebook.com/liveatc on Facebook).
Some highlights of the SnFRadio broadcast schedule include:
- AOPA LIVE on SnFRadio- Daily guests brought to us by The Aircraft Owners and Pilot’s Association (AOPA)- Literally! These are interviews scheduled and the guests brought to SnFRadio Studios by AOPA’s hard working staff!
- EAA Daily Update- Each morning, EAA Officials will update us about their activities.
- EAA’s Special Guest- Following the EAA update most days will be a Special Guest brought to us by our partners at EAA. Tentative schedule includes: Paul Poberzny, Tom Poberzny, & Rod Hightower, EAA’s past & present Presidents
- The 99’s Present- Our friends from the 99’s, the international organization of women pilots, will be with us each day and they’re bringing VERY special guests- WWII WASP Pilots! Each day we’ll have a WASP regaling tales of their contributions to America’s involvement in WWII. Wednesday will be a 1 hour special featuring up to 10 WASP Pilots.
- Women Shine at SUN ‘n FUN Presented by Women in Aviation International: Dr. Peggy Chabrian and her crew will bring special guests each day, highlighting the role of women in today’s aviation world.
- Live Aviation Podcasts! Each day following the airshow, you can see & hear your favorite “voices in your head!” Our line up has been renewed for 2011-
- The Uncontrolled Airspace Podcast – The very first podcast done live on SnFRadio starts out our week! Tuesday evening, Dave Higdon, Jeb Burnside & Jack Hodgson (and maybe some guests) will share their unique points of view on SUN ‘n FUN. And- They’ll return For “Brunch with the Boys” on Sunday at 10 AM for their wrap up.
- The Mile High Flyers Podcast- Part of the crew of Denver Based “Mile High Flyers” will be LIVE on deck Wednesday.
- The Pilot’s Flight Podlog- David Allen will host with live & internet in guests
- The Gathering of Aviation Podcasters- Friday is our open mic night for Aviation Based Podcasters. Jack Hodgson is hosting this panel discussion.
- #NotAtSnF11- Our Virtual Podcast returns! SnFRadio listeners will recognize our host, Steve Tupper’s voice from his excellent volunteer work creating some of the announcements you hear on SnFRadio. He’ll gather with other podcasters who are Not At SUN ‘n FUN 11 & Talk about how much they hate those of us who are. But remember, they hate because they love!
- Evening programs- We’ll live remote broadcast the entire stellar line up of evening programs SUN ‘n FUN will be presenting in the AOPA Pavilion.
- “The Holding Pattern”- This is the virtual airspace over Lakeland where SnFRadio recordings stack up, waiting for their turn to enter the pattern, turn final and land on SnFRadio. Every recording done during SnF11 will eventually land- Recorded interviews, Live interviews, announcements, schedules, updates- You never know who or what you’ll hear!
- For more information on SnFRadio, go to http://sun-n-fun.org/Multimedia/SnfRadio.aspx To keep up to the minute on SnFRadio happenings, follow @SnFRadio or @SnFRadioDave on Twitter.
-- posted at: 11:26am EST